Here is an adaptation from a recipe found in Bon Appetit March 1997. Try adding cut up kohlrabi here and you will be in for a treat.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 large beets, peeled, quartered
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 2-inch-long pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled, quartered through root end
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix oil, syrup and garlic in small bowl. Place all remaining ingredients except butter and green onions on heavy large rimmed baking sheet. Pour oil mixture over; toss to coat. Spread out vegetables in single layer. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer vegetables to platter. Drizzle vegetables with butter. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve immediately.