This is a good way to enjoy full-flavored late-summer roots and blending with a shaved hard white cheese lets you appreciate the bite in them. You can use this on its own or add to pulled pork, or atop arugula or even braised turnip and radish leaves. A mandolin slicer makes this a bit more uniform but you can also do the job with a sharp knife and a careful hand.
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- washed radish greens (optional, may be braised or raw)
- 1 bunch turnips, thinly sliced
- wash turnip greens (optional, may be braised or raw)
- 1 large carrot, shredded or thinly sliced in strips
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- thinly shaved hard white cheese such as Manchego, Parmesan, Pecorino Romano
Toss shaved roots, greens (if using) with juice, oil, and salt until all is well-coated. Top with shaved cheese.